Get Outdoors in Chilton, WI
Anyone from Appleton to Green Bay and beyond that’s looking to get outdoors in Chilton, WI will find a fantastic selection of things to do and see. That could mean anything from a strenuous hike to a pleasant game of golf, with just a few outdoor highlights including:
- Ledge View Nature Center
- Meuer Farm
- Killsnake Wildlife Area
- Hickory Hills Country Club
- Morrissey Park
Enjoy Some of the Best Outdoor Things to do in Chilton
- Ledge View Nature Center: This 105-acre park and interpretive center features 2.5 miles of hiking and cross-country ski trails, a 60-foot observation tower, an arboretum, butterfly garden, and several cave complexes accessible via guided tour. The nature center offers school programs and the interpretive center provides interactive exhibits.
- Meuer Farm: A great one for young families, Meuer Farm is only a short drive from Manitowoc, and focuses on using sustainable crop growing methods and traditional free-range farming. They offer educational presentations on everything from beekeeping to strawberry growing, and you’ll also enjoy hayrides and an activity area for kids of all ages.
- Killsnake Wildlife Area: For a wide array of recreational opportunities, you can’t ignore Killsnake Wildlife Area. You can go canoeing on the Manitowoc River, enjoy cross country skiing during the winter, hike over hundreds of yards of prairie, view birds like short-eared owls and rough-legged hawks, and go hunting for pheasant, waterfowl, and more.
- Hickory Hills Country Club: Sometimes enjoying the great outdoors can be a more sophisticated experience than walking across the backcountry of Manitowoc. Visit Hickory Hills Country Club for a mature 18-hole golf course just one mile north of Chilton. Hone your skills on their driving range, then stop by the bar and grill once you’re done.
- Morrissey Park: If you simply want to get some fresh air and let the kids blow off some steam, why not head to Morrisey Park? Set right in the heart of Chilton across 12 acres, this community-built park provides a fantastic playground for the young ones, plus soccer fields and basketball courts for your older kids.
There Are Outdoor Activities in and Around Chilton for the Whole Family to Enjoy
Here at Vande Hey Brantmeier, we’re more than just your local source for new vehicles and used models. We’re as happy to talk through local race tracks and hotels as we are to arrange a test drive in one of our new models – especially if you’re comparing the Pacifica to the Toyota Sienna. Simply contact us today to find out more about how to get around Sheboygan and Fond Du Lac. Learn more about our favorite summer events in Chilton, WI and fun ways you can explore Wisconsin!
Learn More With Vande Hey Brantmeier
When you’re looking for the perfect pickup truck, it’s important to take into account how much you plan on towing and hauling between Manitowoc and Appleton. RAM 1500 towing capacity can reach as high as 12,750 pounds, and payload capacity tops out at 2,300 pounds when properly equipped. Learn more about what each engine has…
When you take home a Jeep Wrangler in Appleton, you’re already taking home one of the most capable SUVs on the planet. But sometimes, that’s not enough for off-road enthusiasts in Manitowoc and Sheboygan. Are you looking to lift your Jeep for even more performance? Vande Hey Brantmeier can teach you how to lift your Jeep to…
When you’re ready to hit the trails around Appleton in your Jeep Wrangler, it’s important to know you have all the equipment you need to be prepared. Good off-roading tires are among the most important performance parts you can add to your new Jeep SUV. Check out our simple guide to choosing the best Jeep…