Jeep 4×4 Capabilities
Wondering what’s possible with a Jeep Cherokee 4×4 or Jeep Grand Cherokee 4×4 system? Jeep 4×4 sets the standard for off-road mechanical capability, and can bring you places off-road you’ve never been – or just make it easier to get out of a snowdrift or mud! Curious about Jeep 4×4 capabilities? Follow this simple guide from Vande Hey Brantmeier.
What is a 4×4 System?
4×4 systems are a lot like AWD drivetrains, in that they deliver power to all four wheels on a vehicle. That means if any of your wheels can’t find traction with the ground, there are others that can do the heavy lifting to keep you moving. In the past, there was a slight learning curve using a simple 4×4 system because differences in traction when turning would put stress on the drivetrain when engaged on pavement. Now, advanced Jeep 4×4 systems employ sophisticated differential technology to make sure all the parts of your system are easy to use, reliable, and working in harmony.
Jeep Grand Cherokee 4×4 Systems
The 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee has four available 4×4 systems made to ease driving in inclement weather and off-road conditions near Appleton. These systems include:
- Quadra-Trac I® 4×4 system – All-weather peace of mind and capability, with a standard brake lock differential for everyday driving.
- Quadra-Trac II® 4×4 system – Automatic two-speed low-transfer mode detects slipping wheels in a variety of conditions and moves your engine’s power to the correct axle. Use its Auto mode for driving on pavement, or dial in Sport, Snow, Sand/Mud, or Rock for more specific driving conditions
- Quadra-Drive II® 4×4 system with Rear Electronic Limited Slip Differential – Take advantage of all four wheels with the most advanced Jeep 4×4 system, capable of transferring all of your vehicle’s torque to a single rear wheel in the worst driving conditions.
- Quadra-Trac® SRT® 4×4 system – Grand Cherokee SRT® and Trackhawk® models use this superior 4×4 system to handle the power delivered by their 6.4L V8 and Supercharged 6.2L V8 engines, with all of the capabilities delivered by the Quadra-Drive II®.
Jeep Cherokee 4×4 Systems
The 2019 Jeep Cherokee provides Green Bay area drivers with a choice of three available 4×4 systems delivering control and traction that matches the selected trim level. These systems include:
- Jeep® Active-Drive I 4×4 system – Useful when encountering unexpected obstacles on daily drives, this system automatically engages the Cherokee 4WD mode when the system detects wheel slippage.
- Jeep® Active-Drive II 4×4 system – This system features the same technology and mechanics as Active-Drive I, with the added capability of 4×4 Low mode and neutral for flat towing behind an RV or other large vehicles.
- Jeep® Active-Lock 4×4 system – Standard equipment on the Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk® configuration, this system adds a mechanical rear axle lock and exclusive Selec-Terrain® Traction Management Rock mode for more extreme off-road conditions.
Jeep Wrangler 4×4 Systems
The iconic Jeep Wrangler for sale is the recognized standard in off-road capability. Its Rubicon configuration was even named 4×4 of the Decade by Four Wheeler magazine. Wrangler offers two different 4×4 systems, but they’re more than capable:
- Command-Trac® 4×4 system – The standard by which many other 4×4 systems are measured, with a transfer case that’s smooth, quiet, and tough in a variety of conditions from rocks to ice.
- Rock-Trac® 4×4 system – Delivered with the Wrangler Rubicon, and offering superior off-road performance using a 4:1 low-gear ratio, this system gives its drivers the ability to crawl over boulders at low speeds, without sacrificing torque.
Other Jeep 4×4 Systems
- Jeep® Active Drive 4×4 system – Providing 4×4 capability without sacrificing the efficiency Compass and Renegade drivers look for, this 4×4 system automatically manages traction with modes for every day Auto driving, along with Snow, Sport, and Sand/Mud.
- Jeep® Active Drive Low 4×4 system – Building on the Jeep® Active Drive system, Trailhawk® configurations for both Compass and Renegade add a 20:1 crawl ratio and low range for Trail Rated® capability.
Feel the 4×4 Difference in a New Jeep For Sale in Chilton
Want to feel the difference one of the many Jeep 4×4 systems can make? Test out their capabilities yourself by scheduling a test drive at Vande Hey Brantmeier. Here, our knowledgeable sales team, friendly finance experts, and experienced service technicians work together to deliver vehicles that meet the unique needs of Appleton area drivers. Contact us, stop by our showroom, and learn more.
More from Vande Hey Brantmeier
The 2021 RAM TRX is available for Chilton drivers who want to max out their specs on a high-performance pickup. Powered by a Hellcat engine, the TRX is designed inside and out to be the ultimate off-road truck. Vande Hey Brantmeier covers the massive RAM TRX horsepower, the RAM TRX price, and other 2021 RAM TRX specs…
Looking for a pickup that’s unlike anything else on the market? You’re in the right place. There’s no new pickup quite like the 2020 Jeep Gladiator. What exactly does this Jeep truck offer? Aside from outstanding performance and top-up or top-down flexibility, not to mention removable doors and unique off-road abilities, the Gladiator also comes…
Looking for a new Jeep SUV that’s consistently ranked among the top SUVs available? Consider the new Jeep Cherokee! Available in a myriad of trim choices so there’s something perfect for your unique needs and budget, the new Cherokee is an SUV that has something to offer every Appleton or Green Bay driver. Whether you prefer…