Car Maintenance Tips
Keeping up with regular car maintenance is one of the best ways to ensure your vehicle runs smoothly for many years to come. If you’ve been wondering just how to maintain your car, the experts at Vande Hey Brantmeier are here to help. We’ve provided a list of things to keep in mind when it comes to routine vehicle service. Keep your vehicle operating at peak performance and prevent costly repairs in the future with these simple steps.
Everyday Car Care
- Consolidate shorter driving trips – Did you know that most of the wear and tear on your vehicle happens within the first few minutes of starting the engine? It’s also when the most pollution occurs. If possible, run a few errands at a time and avoiding peak driving hours. Your engine and the environment will thank you.
- Avoid holding the steering wheel all the way to the right or left – If you hold the steering wheel in extreme right or left positions, it can actually damage the power steering pump.
- Shift to neutral at red lights – When the engine is still working when the vehicle is stopped, it puts unnecessary strain on the engine and automatic transmission.
Protecting the Interior and Exterior
- Park in the shade – If it’s possible to park in the garage, this is your best choice. Because this is not always an option, you can still protect your vehicle’s interior from UV rays by parking in the shade. A car shade is another way to limit sun damage when the shade is unavailable.
- Keep the inside of your vehicle clean – Use a vacuum and a sponge each time you clean the interior of your vehicle. This is because spilled liquids may be corrosive and dirt particles can be abrasive.
- Preserve the door and window seals – This in one of the most overlooked car maintenance tips. Treat weatherstripping with a rubber protectant or silicone, and avoid using any product that is oil-based because it can actually damage the rubber.
- Rotate your tires – To prolong the life of your tires, it is important to rotate them every 6,000 to 7,500 miles. This ensures that they wear evenly.
- Check engine oil frequently – At every other fill up, take a look at your engine oil level.
- Maintain your filters – Another one of the most commonly forgotten vehicle maintenance tips is maintaining the filters in your vehicle. Pay attention to the service intervals for your oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, and transmission fluid filter.
Stop by Vande Hey Brantmeier for Dependable Vehicle Service
Know that you know how to maintain your car, the knowledgeable and friendly technicians at the Vande Hey Brantmeier service center are here to help. Green Bay drivers can expect affordable, quality car maintenance every time they leave their car with us. Set up your next appointment today.
More from Vande Hey Brantmeier
You already know that RAM trucks are powerhouse vehicles with top-notch engineering and epic capabilities, but which one is the right choice for your everyday needs? In this guide, we’ll walk you through the difference between RAM truck models like the 1500, 2500, and 3500. Whether you need the balanced performance of the RAM 1500…
The 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee performance features take the rugged tradition of this legendary lineup to soaring new heights. While the latest Grand Cherokee has all of the grit and gusto that you’ve come to expect from the Jeep brand, daredevil drivers can also opt for the adrenaline-surging performance from the Trackhawk and SRT trim…
Drivers seldom return from a test drive unimpressed by 2019 Jeep Cherokee utility. It’s an SUV that makes everything from engine output to off-road features work around your needs, so read on to explore: Learn More About the Jeep Cherokee Contact Us Performance Features Space and Towing Capacity Off-Roading Features Performance Features All Jeep models are…